Community Based Survey: Round 3
GramVaani Community Media (OnionDev Technologies)
Gram Vaani conducted a third round of community surveys on the Mobile Vaani network in Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh, this time with a greater focus on child nutrition security through the mid-day meal and Anganwadi services.
- 68% respondents have not received dry rations or any monetary assistance in lieu of mid day meals in schools.
- Of those who received some benefits, 80% have received a monthly ration kit comprising of only wheat and rice, while only 9% received dry ration along with cost for cooking, and another 11% received cash transfers in lieu of mid day meals.
- Of those who did not receive any assistance, 76% parents say that they are finding it hard to provide good quality food to their children and are managing somehow, while 17% are unable to provide good quality food.
- 77% of the respondents who have children enrolled in Anganwadi centers have not received any provisions from the centers.
- At times, family members including children even had to skip meals or cut down on the food amounts because of affordability reasons. 47% respondents said that they faced this situation.
Interested in joining PULSE for Development? Register here.