IWWAGE: Mitigating the Impact of COVID-19 on India’s Women and Girls Through Emergency Cash Transfers
IWWAGE-LEAD at Krea University
This policy brief focuses on emergency cash transfers as a mechanism to alleviate the economic impacts of the COVID-19 crisis.
Key recommendations include:
- Revise targeting criteria to focus on vulnerable indviduals, particularly women and girls
- Time frame for cash transfer to extend beyond 3 months
- Size of cash transfer to be increased to meet basic needs
- Other distribution channels for last mile delivery to be identified
- Reallocation of existing budgets to fund cash transfers
Interested in joining PULSE for Development? Register here.