The Impact Of COVID-19 On Jobs In The Impact Sector

Arthan Careers

Given the impact of COVID-19 on jobs and talent management in the social impact sector, Arthan conducted a survey to gather information from 130+ impact organisations to understand trends of how the sector is coping with the pandemic. These organisations included NGOs, social businesses, foundations and enablers.


Hiring 47% of the respondents indicated that they will continue hiring for critical roles, whereas 45% of respondents mentioned that they have frozen hiring completely for the unforeseeable future. Only 8% of respondents said that they planned on hiring as usual New hires 58.1% of organisations had to delay the joining of new employees. The remaining 41.9% are onboarding employees using virtual meeting platforms such as zoom, providing mentors to new hires, providing support through regular check-ins and communications, informal meetings to know the team better, etc Close to 11% of the respondents shared that they had to retract an offer shared earlier
Resource link Interested in joining PULSE for Development? Register here.


  • Pan-India


  • Research report


  • Other