Impact of COVID-19 on Working Women
IWWAGE-LEAD at Krea University
This report by IWWAGE analyses the data and underlying trends of women’s employment in India, including in sectors where they tend to be employed. The report sheds light on the impact of COVID-19 on women in India.
- Increased risks borne by female health workers/nurses
- Increased time on unpaid domestic work
- Increased risk of domestic violence and anxiety
- Increased chances of men replacing women in rural work
- Adverse long term effects on women-led businesses
- Adverse impacts on regular wage employment
- Higher unemployment rates for women
Interested in joining PULSE for Development? Register here.